Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Monsieur Maier Homepage
Hear your sentence en français
French Vocabulary Videos!
French activities/games online - Je les adore!
Yet another great site to learn more French!
Le Wiki de Mme. Thomas
Adjective page created in class! WOOT
Nos Vokis (8th grade)
Monsieur Maier's French 7 Quia page
Rules for Adjectives in French
1. Add -S if it's plural (Unless it's EUX)
2. Add another -E if it's feminine if it ends in é
3. EUX in feminine EUSE
4. Double consonant for words like mignon and gentil (mignonne, gentille)
Both of these words have vowels before consonants at the end of each word.
5. Beau is irregular and changes to belle in the feminine.
6. Adjectives must agree in gender AND number
7. If it ends in -E, you don't need to add another -E if it's feminine. Ex. jaune, timide, rapide
8. MOST adjectives come after the word they describe.
Ex. une voiture bleue, une voiture rapide. This is the opposite of English!
9. Feminine adjectives often have pronounced letters at the end.
Méchant and Méchante. The -T is only pronounced with the feminine form.
Adjective Voicethread Assignment
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"